Online marketing (also called Internet marketing or web marketing) is marketing and advertising on the Internet aimed at building awareness about a company’s products, services or brand, drive traffic to its website and increase sales.
Companies use many different online marketing strategies, including the following:
- Pay-per-click (PPC)—Paying to have ads appear on search engines like Google when users search on keywords related to a company’s products or services.
- Banner advertising—Paying to place ads on other organizations’ websites.
- Search engine optimization (SEO)—Making sure the company website uses keywords and other techniques to rank highly in search engine results.
- Content marketing—Publishing online content (e.g., blogs and social media posts) on topics of interest to customers.
- Email marketing—Emailing promotional business information or offers to prospective or existing customers.
- Social media marketing—Posting content and advertising on social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn to become better known and promote products or services.
More about online marketing
All online marketing has a cost, but some forms have a more direct cost than others—e.g., pay-per-click versus SEO. However, even SEO costs a company time and effort, which should be considered marketing expenses.- Online marketing
Pay per click
With pay-per-click (PPC) advertising, companies are charged for online ad space only when users click on their ads. It is a form of online marketing.
Businesses buy pay-per-click advertising from search engine service providers like Google, Yahoo and Bing as well as social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn. When users search for content related to businesses and their products or services, their ads appear next to the search results.
The cost incurred for this type of marketing is called a company’s “cost per click.”
Contact Musato Technologies today to assist your business growth.