Network Design & Administration
Musato technologies offers world-class network connectivity
Musato Technologies provides network design and administration, unrivaled visibility and Internet Performance Management systems control into cloud and public internet resources. Musato technologies’ platform monitors, controls and optimizes applications and infrastructure through Data, Analytics, and Traffic Steering, ensuring traffic gets delivered faster, safer andmore reliably than ever.
There is a tendency to discount the network design as just simply running cables. In fact that many factors and considerations that network engineers need to take into account such as the size and the length of the cables and pipes that house and protect them or the speeds and feeds of the links.
The network design and implementation need to be carefully planned and thought through Just as the plumbing in a large building or high rise has to be designed for scale, purpose, redundancy, protection from tampering or denial of operation, and the capacity to handle peak loads, the network requires similar consideration.
As users depend on the network to access the majority of the information they need to do their jobs and to transport their voice or video with reliability, the network must be able to provide resilient, intelligent transport, and availability.
The reliable network design also needs to incorporate versatility in terms of scalability and expansion in order to address the changing needs of an organization. Here are some key concepts that you should address when creating a reliable and versatile network design based on Cisco recommendations.
Network Design key concepts and standards
The network should be:
• Self-healing—Continuously on and available.
• Self-defending—Protecting the organization and its users.
• Self-optimizing—Adapting to changing needs, beyond the limits of basic standards.
• Self-aware—Driving change through insight into network activity. As you look at a network design, consider the networking trends and future needs of an organization.
• The network must be ready to appropriately scale over time in order to meet the demands of the organization it is supporting.
• Because demands on wireless access points (APs) with the latest 802.11ac Wave 2 technology exceed 1 Gbps, and the IEEE has ratified the 802.3bz standard that defines 2.5 Gbps and 5 Gbps Ethernet, you should deploy a network that is ready to support the demand without requiring an upgrade of the existing copper Ethernet wiring plant.
Musato Technologies accommodates these latest demands by deploying network platforms including Cisco® Catalyst Multigigabit technology.
• As you deploy new devices with higher power requirements, such as lighting, surveillance cameras, virtual desktop terminals, remote access switches, and APs, your design should have the ability to support power over Ethernet with 60W per port, offered with Cisco Universal Power Over Ethernet, and the access layer should also provide PoE perpetual power during switch upgrade and reboot events. The Cisco Catalyst 9000 Series access layer switches are perpetual PoE-capable and ready for 100W per port, as that technology becomes available.
• Compliance issues drive a choice of platforms required when you support standards certifications and MACsec. For those cases, you should also be prepared to make analytic data available, using technologies such as NetFlow.
• The Internet of Things and Internet of Everything impacts today’s network design. The network should support TrustSec and other segmentation and virtualization technologies in order to enable the scale and expanded uses and policies for the network driven by these trends.
• Bandwidth needs are doubling potentially multiple times over the lifetime of a network so that the network deployed today needs to be prepared to aggregate using 10 Gbps Ethernet to 40 Gbps to 100 Gbps capacities over time.
• The network platforms deployed today should offer the best longevity into the future, versus selecting the equipment that only meets the limits of today’s needs.
To reduce operational complexity, we use a centralized controller with open APIs, allowing for very fast, lower-risk deployment of network devices and services through UI and existing orchestration systems— Cisco DNA Center automates this network device configuration and management to achieve your organization’s intent.
At Musato Technologies, we use Cisco Digital Network Architecture (DNA) that provides a roadmap to digitization and a path to realize immediate benefits of network automation, assurance, and security. The local area network (LAN) is the network that supports devices people use within a location to connect to information.
The LAN can range in size from a single switch at a small remote site up to a large multi-building infrastructure, supporting classrooms, carpeted office space, and similar places where people use their devices for their daily activities. The campus design incorporates both wired LAN and wireless LAN connectivity for a complete network access solution. This guide explains:
• The design of the campus wired LAN foundation.
• How the WLAN extends secure network access for your mobile workforce.
• How the WLAN can provide guest access for contractors and visitors to your facilities